Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Transitioning from Relaxed Perm to Sisterlocks and Loving It

This client also helped me complete my journey into certification. I was fortunate to have three clients who hair was totally different. Unlike the first two clients, this client hair was relaxed with two inches of natural growth. However, her natural growth was a short coarse tight curl. We knew it would love to lock. We’ve been trimming the relaxed ends gradually. When it gets to the length she is comfortable with, we will take off all the relaxed ends.















After a two day session (15 hours), we set her hair in rods so she could ease into the transition. However, she works out just about every morning so she braids and bend the ends to get a free style look.
Future pictures to come after all the relaxed end are gone.

























My client has been into her Sisterlocks Journey for 8 months and we cut off all the relaxed ends. She's overjoyed and now feels that she is really into the journey with all her hair Sisterlocks.

4 comments:

MEE said...

Beautiful!!! She'll be glad to have pictures of the first day to chart her growth!

Jerzie Is said...

OMG it is so beautiful... thank you so much for allowing me to see this, it made me feel 100% better.
Peaceluvv, Jerzie

Jerzie Is said...

OMG it is so beautiful... thank you so much for allowing me to see this, it made me feel 100% better.
Peaceluvv, Jerzie

Unknown said...

It's almost been 3 years on this journey. I have no regrets! I love my Sisterlicks!!!