Friday, January 12, 2007

Robin's Locks Haven


Hair became my passion as a child playing in my Great-Grandmother, Grandmother and Mother’s hair. I became a Licensed Cosmetologist 1973. I practiced in New York before moving to Washington, DC 1977. While in DC, I worked out of my home part time through 1994 before my real job as a Convention and Conference Meeting Planner took precedence. I stopped working with chemical relaxers and would only color and cut hair for family and friends. My hair has been press, relaxed, cut short, braided and twisted until a friend told me about Sisterlocks. I reviewed the website and immediately made an appointment for November 25-26, 2002 with a Trained Sisterlocks Consultant working to become a Certified Consultant. I love my Sisterlocks and it was one of the best investments in my hair and life. These past four years, I have been able to take care of myself physically by exercising and swimming three days a week without worrying about my hair. I retired in 2005 after 25 years with National Education Association to spend more time with my family (husband and 13 years old son) living in Stafford, VA. I wanted to find a Consultant in the Stafford County area since I didn’t have to travel to D.C. I found a Consultant listed on the website and our Sisterlocks journey began. My Consultant convinced me to take the re-tightening training and become familiar with doing my own Sisterlocks between visits. This motivated me to take the Official Four Days Sisterlocks Training Class. I was very excited starting my journey as a Sisterlocks Trained Consultant. I learned that Sisterlocks is also Sisterhood. I received support and referrals from my Consultant. After submitting my Sisterlocks Application for Certification. I was recommend for Certification. I have completed part of my goal. I look forward continuing my journey and becoming a Sisterlocks Certified Associate Master /Trainer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Congratulations on your certification. You hair is amazing.

sherita said...

Robin,

Your work is great. I wish I would have known about sisterlocks b4 I locked my hair. Your hair and everybody else hair you have on your web site looks good.