Thursday, January 25, 2007

Believing You Can Have Sisterlocks

This client and I are from New York and we grew up together. As a License Cosmetologist I tooked care of her hair and now a Sisterlocks Certified Consultant I still take care of her hair.

She made the commitment to me before I was trained to be my first client to use for certification. Although her hair had been natural for a while, it began thinning in the top area and around the edges. The texture had a very smooth curl and she couldn’t do anything with her hair. Her husband didn't believe her hair would lock. When she was natural, she had braid extensions put in her hair and her husband would find them around the house on the floor. She didn't realize she was loosing her extensions.

Unfortunately, she sprung her ankle the day before the session and she was very uncomfortable. So I brought my comfortable chair for her to sit in so she could elevate her leg. We made it a girls sleepover...we took breaks so she could move around. We had a wonderful dinner and breakfast with light snack during the breaks. It was pleasant, fun and memorable.




March 2006 a two day session comleted in 17 hours. We set it on the long spongy tube and style her hair.










This client is also a swimmer who has a pool in her back yard and swimmmed everyday the weather permitted. We had some slippage, however her hair started getting thicker. Pictures August 2006.









Well yeah, she's vain and wanted color from day one, however I told her she had to wait. She was patient and finally her locks were settling nicely and she had no slippage. After a few months I colored her hair and she couldn't be more please. Picture December 2006.




Her husband was very supportive and now he's believes he has a Sister in the house with Sisterlocks!

4 comments:

Leighann said...

Congrats on becoming a certifed consultant!!! Your did a great job with your friend/client. Her locks look beautiful!

Unknown said...

you do great work and have a very nice blog

Valenciajaz said...

I like your blog, And your friend/client and I were Sisterlocked the same month & year. We'll be having our loc birthday real soon

Abena Abena said...

Robin,

I enjoyed your blog. Your clients hair looks nice and so does yours.